Shop Fox W1741 8-Inch Jointer With Parallelogram Adjustable Beds
If you set out to design a full featured 8-inch Jointer, you couldn’t do any better than this. We started with a 3 HP motor and a 4 knife cutterhead and added a precision parallelogram table adjustment mechanism, extra long infeed table, large cast iron center mounted fence, pedestal mounted switch and a built-in locking mobile base. Take a look at the other features and you can agree.
Easy to Adjust Fence
The W1741 fence is equipped with a lock lever deal with for easy adjustability and to keep it secured in place. Use the tilt lock to safe the fence in any position within the available range. The easy to read dial indicator allows you to know your exact cutting angle for precise 90-degree to 45-degree inward or outward cuts.
Surface Planing, Edge Jointing and Bevel Cutting
Set the fence to your desired position to perform various cuts. Surface planing to flatten the face of a piece of stock, edge jointing to produce a finished, flat-edged surface suitable for joinery or finishing, bevel cutting to cut a specific angle into the edge of the workpiece. Model W1741 has preset fence stops at 45-degrees inward, 90-degrees and 45-degrees outward (135-degrees). If your situation requires a different angle, the preset fence stops may also be easily adjusted for your needs.
Model W1741 is capable of all kinds of surface jointing/planing, edge jointing and beveling operations. The table adjustment levers mean you can make precision table adjustments, the keep watch over panel is easily accessible and the built in mobile base makes moving the jointer easy and convenient. The W1741 also features a parallelogram bed adjustment, a 3 HP motor, a 4-knife cutterhead and extra tall cast-iron fence.
Features and Specifications
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, TEFC, 3,450 RPM
- Switch: magnetic w/thermal overload protection
- Table size: 8-by-76-5/16-inch
- Tables: parallelogram design, precision-ground cast iron
- Infeed table size: 8-by-43-3/8-inch
- Deluxe cast iron fence size: 35 L x 1-1/4 W x 5-inch H
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/16-inch
- Cutterhead knives: 4 (HSS) 8 x 3/4 x 1/8-inch
- Cuts per minute: 21,400
- Cutterhead speed: 5,350 RPM
- Max. depth of cut: 1/8-inch
- Max. rabbeting depth: 5/8-inch
- Max. width of cut: 8-inch
- Shielded & lubricated bearings
- Precision ground cast iron tables
- Fully adjustable tables
- Single V-belt drive
- Easy access lever adjusted tables with height gauge
- Heavy-duty center mounted fence with angle gauge
- Built-in dust chute with 4-inch port
- Powder coated paint
- Approximate shipping weight: 600 lbs.
Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, TEFC, 3,450 RPM; Switch: magnetic w/thermal overload protection
Tables: parallelogram design, precision-ground cast iron; Table size: 8-Inch by 76-5/16-Inch O.A., Infeed table size: 8-Inch by 43-3/8-Inch
Deluxe cast iron fence size: 35-Inch L by 1-1/4-Inch W by 5-Inch H
Cutterhead: diameter: 3-3/16-Inch, Speed: 5,350 RPM, Knives: 4 (HSS) 8-Inch by 3/4-Inch by 1/8-Inch, Cuts per minute: 21,400
Max. Cut: Width: 8-Inch, Depth 1/8-Inch, Rabbeting Depth: 5/8-Inch
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Shop Fox W1741 8-Inch Jointer With Parallelogram Adjustable Beds$1.00